Friday, September 30, 2011

The Little Flower

Celebrating St. Therese


I just love the end of September and the beginning of October!  There are so many wonderful feast days which give us beautiful opportunities to examine and imitate the lives of the saints (which, of course, we all hope to be someday!).

Well, tomorrow's feast day is one of my favorites. 

St. Therese of the Child Jesus.

The munchkins learned all about her life this week and we created a cute little prayer box to take home and fill with prayer intentions. 

We began with a lovely coloring image of St. Therese (from Relevant Radio).  The munchkins did a wonderful job of coloring her realistically.


 







Then the munchkins created a small cross from construction paper that they decorated with paper and tissue roses.


We glued the cross to the outside of a little paper mache box.










Then we added the image of St. Therese inside the box.


Take a peek!



St. Therese, pray for us!


Novena to St. Therese

O Little Therese of the Child Jesus,
please pick for me a rose from the heavenly garden
and send it to me as a message of love.
O Little Flower of Jesus,
ask God today to grant the favors I now place with confidence in your hands...(state your petitions here). 
St. Therese,
help me to always believe, as you did,
in God's great love for me
so that I might imitate your "Little Way" each day. 
Amen.


Until next time...
Giggles,
Mrs. D.


No comments:

Post a Comment