Sunday, May 1, 2011

Divine Mercy

O Blood and Water


Well...it isn't very often that I do things on a whim, but as I was messing around at all my favorite blogs, I came upon this at Catholic Icing.  I just couldn't pass it up.  I immediately printed it all out, trashed the plans I had for my Friday afternoon and spent the day with my munchkins learning all about Divine Mercy Sunday.  The day was a huge success. 

We learned all about St. Maria Faustina and her visits from Jesus.  The munchkins were interested to find out that the prayer we say everyday at 3:00 before leaving school came from St. Faustina's diary.  They all enjoyed coloring St. Faustina and the Divine Mercy image, especially since we sit by this image in Mass every week, so they knew exactly what it should look like!

 

The Divine Mercy statues were so quick and easy.  I hope they graced the tables at everyone's house over the weekend to help celebrate Christ's healing mercy.


We quickly moved on to the paper chaplet and the munchkins were so excited when they realized it would look like a great big tenner when complete.  The excitement did wear off, however, when they began all that tying.  In fact, it became quite frustrating for them but they did hang in there.  Such troopers!   The chaplets turned out very nicely after such hard work and now the munchkins have the prayers of the Divine Mercy Chaplet right at their fingertips (as the prayers are written on each piece).


As payment for completing such a challenging project, we ended our day with Divine Mercy "Sundaes"! 



YUM!

Evidently, I cropped this one a bit too closely!  Sorry boys!


Oh, Blood and Water,
Which came forth from the Heart of Jesus,
As a font of Mercy for us,
I trust in You.

Until next time...
Giggles,
Mrs. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment