Tuesday, January 25, 2011

St. Paul's Conversion

The Conversion of St. Paul


The munchkins loved hearing the story of Saul being knocked off his horse on the way to Damascus!  They were also so surprised when they learned that someone who had been so terrible to people was now considered a saint.  What a beautiful lesson in the merciful forgiveness of Jesus and the hope that comes from it! 

 I actually had not planned to do anything with this particular feast day, but when I found out this morning that we would not be having our usual afternoon Spanish class, I had thirty minutes to fill with a quick activity.  Amazingly (the Holy Spirit is amazing!), I had just looked at this post from my favorite blog...So why not? 


The activity was simple but beautiful, and ours turned out so nicely, I just couldn't send them home.  Instead I decided to hang them in our Atrium for all to see...


I quickly copied the only coloring page of Saul on his horse that I had. I didn't realize that the copier was on "enlarge", so the picture the munchkins colored ended up being more of a close up than the one I made, but it worked. 


The munchkins added their artistic flare to the picture...
(yellow was popular with someone today!)










Then the "stained glass" was added.  It was fun to see how "into" this some of the munchkins got.  Many of them were trying to create symmetry in their designs!  (Yes, we've been talking about that...)

The finished products looked fantastic!


St. Paul, pray for us, that we, like you, may have a true conversion of heart.

Until next time...
Giggles,
Mrs. D.

No comments:

Post a Comment